We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

logitech MK320 wireless keyboard and mouse...no caps lock indicators!!!

julius44

Likes # 0

Good evening to you all, i'm hoping that when i click on the "publish your thread" link..it wont say that this is spam, as i'm begiining to get mad about all these spam filters that are stopping LEGIT posts, when help is really needed.

Right now that ive got that off my chest. Here is my problem. I've just purchased a brand new logtitech MK320 keyboard, amd mouse, (both wireless)..and ive just noticed that there is no caps lock, or number lock indicator. The caps lock indicator is very essential and I thought that MOST keyboards nowadays have a caps lock indicaot as standard, any suggestions for this please?? is there any software that can be downloaded please??

many thanks

Jules

Like this post
siouxah1

Likes # 0

I have the LX710 wireless keyboard. This does not have the indicators you mention on the keyboard. If your keyboard is similar the indication appears as a green message on the screen when the keys are operated, but last only seconds. It will say whether on or off.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I've got the Logitech Illuminated keyboard and there is no indication on that.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You can set windows to play a sound when caps lock on or off

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

To turn on this option, first go to Control Panel and click on the Accessibility Options icon.

In the resulting screen check the box next to “Use Toggle Keys”, click OK and you are done.

Now every time you hit the caps lock key you will get a friendly beep notifying you it has been pressed.

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

many thanks for your help fruitbat, ive done as u advised and I now hear a noise like a beep when caps lock is on, and that will do for now. I still prefer the other way as It would show on screen. By yhe way can u please advice me of any logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combos that have on screen displays please?? So that I can actually see on my screen when caps lock, number lock, volume up show please. Prior to my MK320 I was using the logitech easycall skype which was absolutely amazing, and it had all the on screen dispalys etc but after about 4 years, some of the keys were no longer working, so i dumped it, lol. I would like something like that again, or a newer version, if u can advice me that would be much appreciated.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Not sure that any have on screen displays. My MK520 caps lock key has a light in it which illuminates when it is on.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you have the Logitech Setpoint program installed then you can set it to get a big grey window appear whenever you press caps lock or num lock key.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

1. Open your PC's Control Panel and then Accessibility Options (In XP use Classic View).

2. On the Keyboard tab , click the Use Toggle Keys checkbox.

3. Click OK.

Now you'll hear a sound when you use Caps Lock and also Num Lock and Scroll Lock.

If you're a bit hard of hearing or need a visual warning for some other reason, try this:

1. Repeat step one above.

2. In the Sound tab ckick to check the Use SoundSentry checkbox.

3. Click the Settings button and select Flash active window in the Warning for windowed programs drop-down menu.

4. Click OK and you're done.

Now every time you hit Caps Lock or the other Lock keys, the currently active window will flash at you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert