We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I have non BIOS screen on my DELL INSPIRON 1525

RANOSO

Likes # 0

Hi

My Windows boots well but i have no bios screen .

How do i repaire it ?

Like this post
RANOSO

Likes # 0

Thanks Woody for all;

But let me say that i am not a unskilled user and that is the raison of my interest in BIOS.

I already modified and updates many many kind of Bios.

So i need here to enter in this one. But i see nothing .

Isn't it a virus ?

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

As you have already entered the "Bios setup" on this or other machines you know how to get into the setup. In reality it is a simple procedure - in this case the screen has been switched off - (but the keys should still work the same as with the screen in view ) - you will have seen the option when you altered other bios . You can try checking for virus etc but that is another field of expertise which I will leave to others. Good luck.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you are not wanting to change settings in BIOS why do you want to see it? new Laptops and Desktops often do not show it. Check you Dell User Manual for BIOS password. Try tapping F2 directly after a restart for desktop or F1 for a Laptop. other than that BIOS may have a Password protection on it

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Please try these and tell us what happens:

1. On first power up press and release F2 in even intervals to enter BIOS setup. (The manual for XP and Vista says to press F2)

2. On first power up continually press and release F8 until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen

3. On first power up press and release F12 in even intervals until the boot device menu appears

4. Press and hold the Fn key while powering the computer on. Before attempting option 4, the computer must be powered down completely.

5. Take out the Harddrive (so it can't proceed to Windows) then boot laptop. Tell us what if anything you get on screen.

Like this post
RANOSO

Likes # 0

Thans a lot Lotvic,

But i confirm that i checked all of these cases and i never see anything of the first screens. That means:

1 When pressing and holding F8 nothing on screen. It is just lighted a little bit and 40 to 50 seconds after that the final screen of WINDOWS is there. And i can use my OS.

2 When pressing and holding F2 nothing on screen. It is just lighted a little bit . I suppose that i am in my bios page but i can't see it .(My screen is poorly lighted)

3 Using F12 get the same thing that for F8.

4 When taking out hard drive out of pc, 30 seconds after powering the pc i have some bips and nothing more . I can't see nothing unless this very poorly lighted screen.

For me, something like a virus doesn't let the first steps of the boot (preboot) to work and doesn't let their screens to be seen normally .

The next steps of boot works and their screens too;

What do think about this ?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

you do not press and hold a key to enter BIOS you tap, as soon as you power on try tapping a particular key. As It might be F8 F12 or Delete or another key.

But remember do not hold down key TAP THE KEY.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

'press and release' means TAP the key

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

lotvic

I know that but I do not think the OP realized that.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Chronus, it was aimed at OP :)) I know you know that and I know that. I was reinforcing your post :) I don't think English is OP's first language.

Strange that nothing comes up on screen when powering up with no Harddrive in.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

lotvic

I was unsure whether you knew that I knew that you knew that I know. But as to nothing on the screen when powering up, this happens to me these days. I have a secondary monitor connected via DVI but not actually on, I only put it in when I need it. My main monitor is connected via Display Port but I see nothing on screen until it has finished booting which at the moment is 27 seconds after pressing the power button.

Now I do not see this as a problem but a thought has just occurred can I still get to the BIOS. I'll check and get back to you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...