We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I have non BIOS screen on my DELL INSPIRON 1525

RANOSO

Likes # 0

Hi

My Windows boots well but i have no bios screen .

How do i repaire it ?

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

The warning/advice bios screen can be switched off but you can still use the "F" key.When you get in the bios - switch it back on if you want it.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Since I plugged in a second monitor neither do I but as my PC boots just fine then I cannot see what the problem is.

Like this post
RANOSO

Likes # 0

Hi woody,

I dont know if i understand you but there are not BIOS screen at all when i turn on this DELL INSPIRON 1525.

My Windows boots fine but i never can see the BIOS screen .

May you explain me again your solution please?

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Although the "warning" screen does not appear - press the correct key -F1- or what ever at the right time and i think you will find it will take you into the bios.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

If you do not know your key(s) look at this page http://www.tech-faq.com/how-to-access-bios.html

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

On a DELL INSPIRON 1525 the first screen you should see is the DELL logo and then Windows Boots up.

If you want to go into the BIOS Setup then it might tell you on the screen with the DELL logo which key to press. Usually for a DELL laptop use the Fn+ESC or Fn+F1 keys to access the BIOS set up. You only get a few seconds to press the keys.

Are you wanting to go into the BIOS Setup to alter the settings for some reason?

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

You should never see your BIOS screen.

If you do, you've got a problem.

Like this post
RANOSO

Likes # 0

I see never my DELL Screen (LOGO) neither first screen of Windows.

I have directly the final screen of windows after 15 to 20 seconds. And non of function key help me.

If i press F2 Key when booting , i have nothing more and i suppose that there are a BIOS screen that i can't see.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

lets start from scratch. By bios screen - you mean the screen which states - press key (?) now to open bios? (XX)You can not see that screen but it is only a screen with notes on it. When your pc starts one of the keys will take you to the bios setup. Even though you can not see the screen at (XX) above the key still works. You do need to get in bios?It is not for the unskilled - a false move and you will not get your pc to work with out help! What ever you key is -do you know it? - press it and keep tapping it .

Like this post
RANOSO

Likes # 0

Could a virus infect the bios?

If yes , how should i update it ? Because i can't see my first screens.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...