We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Differences in GeForce 550 Ti Cards

wmossuk
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi Guys,

Apologises if this is a really silly question but I'm pretty new to PC Building. I'm looking at Graphics cards for my new build and am a bit confused. My question is, why are the two cards listed below so different in price? I've compared their specks and if anything the cheaper one is better? Am I missing something?

http://www.ebuyer.com/345289-gigabyte-g ... 550wf2-1gi

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... ubcat=1810

Thanks guys!

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Link to card on overclockers didn't work, so not sure which you are comparing with. Can you confirm.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

The other one is this one. Gigabyte.

As for differences,there aren't any they are the same card. Both have the same Manufacturer ID: GV-N550WF2-1GI

Like this post
wmossuk

Likes # 0

Hey guys, sorry but the over clockers one your looking at wasn't the one i meant. the one I meant is this one

Overclockers

I know it says its over clocked but from what I can see I don't understand why its over £60 more expensive?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I think there is some mistake here the Ebuyer GPU is a 5500Ti whilst the Gigabyte GPU is a 560Ti, the 500ti is a pretty rubbish card but the 560 is pretty decent, particularly for gaming.

The link in my first post is correct as although your link to the Overclockers card was broken I got enough information to find the GPU by the last four numbers in the link,1810

Like this post
wmossuk

Likes # 0

Ok cool. I guess my next question for everybody is this:

I am about to build my first gaming pc :) What graphics card is the best for a budget of between £100 -£150?

Like this post
wmossuk

Likes # 0

Is the best card for that range the GT 560 then?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

OK the GTX 560Ti is far better than the GTX 550Ti and as your budget is between £100-£150 can I suggest this GPU GTX 560 which if you look here compares very well with the GTX 560Ti.

Like this post
wmossuk

Likes # 0

Brilliant thanks for this help.

Next stupid question ;) - Does it matter about the make of the GTX 560 is? As I see there are manufacturers like EVGA and Gigabyte

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I like EVGA as the have an excellent customer/warranty service. But generally it does not matter.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features