We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

customising Windows 7 font size and appearance

novis

Likes # 0

I was able to customise the appearance of Windows XP and Vista and save the themes. There does not appear to be such an option [so that I wan work on dark backgrounds and enlarge the size and appearance of fonts in toolboxes &c. Can this be done in Windows 7 ?

I have checked through the Themes tabs &c in Word 7 bbut can't find an option to allow me to browse to my saved settings and install them in Windows 7.

Like this post
novis

Likes # 0

Sorry - I meant Windows 7 - not Word 7:

I have checked through the Themes tabs &c in Windows 7 but can't find an option to allow me to browse to my saved settings and install them in Windows 7.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try - Control Panel - Personalization - Change windows glass colors and then click on advanced settings.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Advanced appearance settings - missed the word appearance!

Like this post
novis

Likes # 0

This is a partial answer, and welcome. However I will have to enter all of the settings manually. Is there no option that will allow me to browse and select a previously saved theme?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look here and use the drop down menu where 'desktop' shows to see where you can change the fonts.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You could browse here I suppose but I doubt you'll find something to your personal needs.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do you already have a theme? How did you create it?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you have a theme then paste it in C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes and it will show up under my themes.

Like this post
novis

Likes # 0

I have created themes using windows and the utility in the Advanced appearance settings. If I were able to access the Themes folder in Windows Explorer I could paste it in.

Can someone tell me how to

a) display the folders not shown in Explorer b) access this folder in which themes are stored

Thanks

Like this post
novis

Likes # 0

C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

AppData doesn't show up as a folder

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'