We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BOD problem !!

Petesilver
Resolved

Likes # 0

Can any one advise, when I try to shut down, it finishes with the BOD not on screen to read any details except it says something about minidump, then it restarts (which means I can't log off)below is some details that windows says, but the laptop restarts and works with no problems.I have tried uninstalling any programs since it started but to no avail

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000007e BCP1: C0000005 BCP2: 8F242774 BCP3: 97EC9ABC BCP4: 97EC96A0 OS Version: 617601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\070612-31687-01.dmp C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-72156-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

SORRY but this meams nothing to me !!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

BOD Minidump - Disable BIOS Memory options caching or shadowing - you may have to do it in safemode.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Or you could download and run MemTest from here to test the RAM installed on your computer. enter link description here

Like this post
Petesilver

Likes # 0

I have tried most of all your help but no joy, not sure how to disable bios memory option ?? also now i find I cannot get into the Bios or boot into safe mode all I can do is boot into normal windows,

Like this post
Petesilver

Likes # 0

Couldn't sort it out so have restored from my last partition backup, but thanke to all for you help ,don,t know what I would do without you, helped in soi many ways........so thanks again

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...