We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Your profile could not be opened correctly

fanshaw2

Likes # 0

Keep getting this on screen message. How can I resolve the problem>

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Have you shut down and then rebooted the pc? this sometimes clears a 'faulty start'

What OS have you got? XP, Vista, W7? and which browser?

Is your problem the same as this person's? http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/28/windows-7-help/4154401/your-profile-could-not-be-opened-correctly/

Like this post
fanshaw2

Likes # 0

I have Windows 7 and have also rebooted, but makes no difference. Even to arrive at this forum I had to negotiate the above message first.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I can only presume it is your Chrome profile that you mean. If so then you are not on your own and Google haven't fixed it yet. There is a 'fix' involving deleting or renaming a couple of files. Suggest you google for fix and try them out. (Too long to copy and paste into here)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

^

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The only fix I read was to uninstall Chrome, profiles and all, then reboot and install the latest version and start again. Might be worth using Revo to remove it.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Have you tried this ClickHere yet? there are some fixes you could try.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic, I dislike that "auto Google search" app. I always think it is insulting to the TS (OP). Just my thoughts.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13, I agree in principle, however the TS (OP) had started another thread asking for update without any feedback on the advice already given so thought I would help with the google search. No offence was intended, quite the reverse, I thought it would raise a laugh.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic I know no offence was intended especially from your good self. Still....

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13, Oh dear then, hope I'm not in bother for suggesting to another forumite that they check the Obits column because he's getting a screen message 'Identity Login. There is no current Identity'

Now I think I'd better apologise to fanshaw2 for hijacking thread to post trivia and go and give myself a severe talking to...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......