We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Click here links to other sites.

frybluff
Resolved

Likes # 0

I know it's basics, and you may think me really thick, but how do you actually do a simple "Click here" link on the site?

Appreciate it's one of those "easy when you know how"'s, but if you don't ...

Many thanks.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"The Globe is on the top line in the reply box, next to "Bold" and "Italic""

Ah, thank you.

Yet another facility which PCA decides it need not make available to the disabled.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Yet another facility which PCA decides it need not make available to the disabled.

Have I missed something,not sure what you mean by the above. I am assuming that you were never aware of the globes purpose since it's inception a year or so ago.

This is one of the things I and others have been complaining about, the convoluted way to post links,which even regulars have problems with, so what chance a new visitor?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Care to explain that decidedly unpleasant comment?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

FE

With pleasure; I have mentioned it many times before.

Because of vision problems (not all disabilities end up with the sufferer in a wheelchair) I have to use various accessibility options on the browser(s) I use.

One of these is changing the colours, and overriding "Allow pages to use their own colours/fonts"

That facility is specifically provided for people like me.

On the re-design of the forum PCA negated this facility, so that some features, already mentioned many times by me, such as the formatting tools, the green tick, the message preview box, and now a globe, are not available to me.

To fail to provide for the disabled is bad enough, but to negate such provisions when they have already been made by others is worse.

Perhaps your web design team should have another look at the W3C standards for accessibility.

I can live with it, or I wouldn't still be here, however, that doesn't stop me commenting on it!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Thank you for the explanation - so much easier to do it that way than posting unpleasant allegations about us 'deciding' that we need not make a facility available to the disabled.

Now I understand - the link icon is still there, but you just can't see it.

We're currently looking at the whole issue of links with a view to returning to an automated system, similar to the one we had before. I've passed your other comments on to our development team.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

FE

My apologies.

I have made more reasonably couched comments on these issues so many times before that I would have thought other members would be sick of my moaning.

At least one other member has answered a question on my behalf, explaining, to someone who queried an earlier post, what my problems were.

Thank you for the action you have now taken.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...