We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Click here links to other sites.

frybluff
Resolved

Likes # 0

I know it's basics, and you may think me really thick, but how do you actually do a simple "Click here" link on the site?

Appreciate it's one of those "easy when you know how"'s, but if you don't ...

Many thanks.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Are you wanting to insert a link on PCA site for others to see?

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Yes. eg to tech specs on a manufacturer's site, or to a good place to buy, or to a similar discussion elsewhere.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

When I do it, I highlight the URL then go to Edit>Copy. I then come here and click on the Globe, a URL line opens up and I then Click on it and on Paste. Click OK and you are done. Change the highlight to click here

click her

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Which as you can see is very untidy and then of course some links will not post either way as they are classed as spam.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Highlight the address bar, right click copy, paste into message ..

Like this

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/20/beginners-tech-help/4154917/click-here-links-to-other-sites/

Don't know what the globe is that was mentioned.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I find it better when the "Enter Link Description Here" box to enter a logical name ("PCA Forums", or whatever), rather than just "Click Here".

Though as long as it works, I don't suppose it matters.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

morddwyd

The Globe is on the top line in the reply box, next to "Bold" and "Italic"

Like this post  
frybluff

Likes # 0

Thanks guys. Knew it would be an "easy when you know how". Tried to use paste, a while ago, but didn't seem to work. Perhaps, as Chronus suggests, it thought I was selling "pork luncheon meat."

To be honest, never even spotted "the globe", let alone known what it was for!!

If you get a post, from me, in next couple of days, with link that doesn't work, at least you'll know I'm trying.

Thanks again.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Thanks for your feedback - we will all be watching!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers