We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iGoogle Home Page withdrawn

mimosa418

Likes # 0

Now that google has announced that iGoogle home page will cease next year, does anyone have suggestions for an alternative home page which can be personalised with a selection of items such as news , e-mail, finance etc.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Watching

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I thought most ISP's have that and My Yahoo and the like.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

But they are not really customisable like iGoogle. You can only get certain news for example. Didn't really want to use myYahoo.

Like this post
mimosa418

Likes # 0

woolwell. I agree. A bit of research yesterday found this netvibeswhich looks like it may be a good replacement. I have an old, unused, btinternet address which will give me access to My yahoo as a last resort.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hard to get reviews for Netvibes only 2 that I found thought that it was going downhill since the pay for version came into force.It still has the free version of course.

In the past, Netvibes was the best application for a custom start page. However, now that they have added a paid "VIP" option, it is obvious they have no interest in supporting non-paying users. A quick look at their support forums, will quickly show the complete lack of support they now offer."

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

mimosa418 - If you have a Facebook log in then you can use that for my yahoo. But it isn't the same as iGoogle.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July