We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What new laptop should I get

scot in wales

Likes # 0

Hi I am looking for a new laptop to replace my SONY Vaio VGN-BZ12VN I use it mainly for business so it needs to be reasonably light and robust. The main programmes I use are Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Quark with some use of Photoshop. A large screen is essential I also use the web and like to have several tabs and applications open at the same time. What do you advise?

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

For business use LENOVO offer the widest choice, from budget, up to some very powerful (and expensive) kit.

They used to build for IBM, so very much business orientated. Their website can be a bit annoying to navigate, but worth the effort. There are numerous reviews, for Lenovo, across the ranges, on the review section of this site.

Like this post
Dagcon

Likes # 0

It depends on you & on your budget

here is some of the brands you can go for

HP Dell Lenovo Sony Vaio / Ultra Book Acer

they all come with different prices & models & Configuration.

Try go for Atleast a i3 processor, with a minimum of 4GB RAM(memory), with NVIDIA / Radeon GPU - it can run almost anything....

We believe in performance www.comantra.net

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......