We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

stripping photo images from folders in My Pictures

useless at IT

Likes # 0

I have thousands of images, non catalogued because I find it easier to simply sort through them visually. However, if they are in one of my hundreds of folders, I have to open each folder in turn to look at those images, then close it, quite a nuisance.

Is there an easy way of removing the folder enclosures so I can easily see all my images, other than cutting and painting each one?

I am happy to dispense with the folders altogether.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Open your Pictures main folder then open one of the inner folders. Next open your main pic folder again, reducing size of each folder so they will fit alongside each other on your screen.

Next in inner folder go to Edit then Select All, then right-click on any one of the highlighted pics and drag the whole lot over to your open Main Pics folder, job done! Or it should be.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

PS - then do the same with each of your other Inner folders.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

PPS - forgot to mention, you can then delete the empty folders.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad