We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error Profile Message when opening Google.

StanB

Likes # 0

For about four days, When I open Google Chrome browser it comes up with message 'Your Profile could not be opened correctly. Some features may be unavailable. Check Profile access & you have permission to Read & Write its contents' This doesn't happen when I open Windows Explorer. I have tried deleting and re-installing Google Chrome - to no avail. I use Autofill a lot and this does not work now although it is ticked in the Tools section of Google. Thanks for any help.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like you are not the only one with the same problem.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/qMxWTALeZIQ

Like this post
StanB

Likes # 0

Thanks to Buteman for giving the address of the Google Forum. I am only a novice but I was staggered by the extent that this problem is affecting Google users. I hope they soon put it right, assuming that it is Google's fault.

Like this post
nutty norm

Likes # 0

My chrome browser i have done everything as suggested and it still persists, Nutty norm

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just wondering if you download and use Revo Uninstaller in position 4 to remove Chrome completely then reinstall the latest version of Chrome and see if that would work.

If you have favorites in Chrome that would remove them all so not sure if there would be a way to save them.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Or try this it seems to work.

Go to Chrome settings, under "Users", click "Delete this user", close Chrome, reopen it and sign into your account as you normally would. Close the browser.

If not a system restore to when it did work but if it automatically updates itself that will not work for long.

Like this post
StanB

Likes # 0

Many thanks for the comments. Reading the many complaints to the Google Forum that Buteman kindly supplied the address for, I am hoping that Google will quickly correct the problem and automatically update it in the way they normally do. Not too long I hope, as time is not on my side. I am very hesitant to try out suggestions offered in case I make things worse.

(Just to give you a smile perhaps - the feature I miss is Autofill which I use to fill in the many free competitions. I'm hoping to win enough to buy an Invalid scooter so Google are lessening my odds!)

I enjoyed reading the replies, thank you.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

StanB

It is always safer to have a stand by browser that you can use when your normal browser has problems.

I would probably do the same as you and wait and see if they fix it.

You would have thought that they would have fixed it by now with so many complaints.

Best of luck I hope it does not take to long.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more