We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to open an Apple 3.5 disc with a PC

Likes # 0

I have a 3.5 disc I used as a backup some years ago when I was using an Apple. Could anyone tell me how I can open that on a PC?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This info might help ClickHere but depends on the floppy, I think you can only do HD 1.44Mb floppy format not the DD (400 KB or 800 KB) floppy disks (might be wrong about that but make sure you check before you buy software needed)

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

If you know anyone with a Mac, open it there and copy it FAT to a USB.

Like this post

Likes # 0

I don't know anyone rich enough to own a Mac so I downloaded LogMeIn but I found no icon of the Mac floppy disc in the lefthand coluumn.

Like this post

Likes # 0

This question must have been asked a thousand times and although I have not yet seen an answer I live in hope. I wish to scan a large number of documents and I have been looking at the best way to do it. I know that if I scan to a TIFF File it will produce an accurate copy/scan but that will be impossible to alter or edit because it is after all just a photograph.[/font] I know that there is OCR software that purports to produce an acurate copy of what one scans in editable form but that normally produces more mistakes than I do at my w I also know that if I scan to PDF the same factors apply in that a PDF is also just a copy. There is also software that purports to produce a “searchable PDF” that allows one to “save to file” and “save to Microsoft Works”. The only problem is that this is just as full of spelling errors as OCR. Having rubbished the lot I wonder if anyone knows of software that will allow one to scan documents and produce reasonably accurate copies of what one scans.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks