We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to enlarge a Mind Map saved in MS WORD

K*B
Resolved

Likes # 0

Friends, I made a large Mind Map in MindGenius and saved it in MS WORD. I need it in MS WORD so that I can insert it into a WORD document. Unfortunately the map is now so small in MS WORD that the notes in the branches are not readable. I am finding a way of enlarging this mind map to fit onto one whole page in the MS WORD document and permanently keep it that way. How can I do this? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Like this post
jaraba

Likes # 0

If you have the file saved as a picture you could resize it using MS Picture Viewer. That is what I use and I am using Office 2003 & Vista

Right click on the picture file & you should see an option "open with". Look for MS Picture Viewer & click it. Within in that you have the option to resize the picture. You then save it with a new name so that you still have the original.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If it's a picture inserted on a Word doc, just click on it and then take your cursor to one corner until you get a 2 headed arrow (this keeps it in proportion whilst you drag it bigger or smaller. If you put your cursor on the picture you will get a 4headed arrow and you can drag the whole picture to move it's postition on the page.

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

Thanks jaraba. I actually had the Mind map saved in MS WORD and it became a .docx image. I'm on Vista with WORD 2007. When I right-cliced the .docx image there was no "Open with" option so I couldn'd go any further. However, I used lotvic's approach and got it right. I then took your advice to save it under a new name and so preserved the original image. Now there are 2 blank pages that have appeared: one before the enlarged image and the other after. I have managed to remove the blank page after the image page, but I'm struggling to get rid of the blank page before it (ie, on top of it). How do I get rid of it? Thanks friends.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Sounds like you have some blank text lines in there somewhere which have pushed the picture down. Take your choice from the layout tab:

rightclick on picture -> format picture -> layout tab

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

Two ways to get rid of blank pages: 1) click Show/hide from you editing toolbar, and highlight and delete the page break. 2) click at the end of the text above the blank page drag down to the blank page to highlight the page and press delete on the keyboard.

Like this post  
K*B

Likes # 0

Thanks guys, recap's trick did it! All the best.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED