We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How toUninstall Internet Explorer 9

LimestoneRock

Likes # 0

Windows update installed this without my realising. I know that if I uninstall, Windows Internet Explorer 8 will come back. However, when I go to "Uninstall or Change a Program", Internet Explorer 9 is not listed. It does not appear under Windows or Microsoft either. Can anyone please advise how I get back to Internet Explorer 8 please? I am running Windows 7.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Go to Control Panel Click on Programmes and Features then click on review updates (top left blue panel) then scroll down to windows explorer 9 and right click /uninstall

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Then go into Windows Update /click on change settings/on drop down box click on "Check for updates but let me choose to download them" then it will not download automatically again, just untick the box right click on it and click "hide update"

Like this post
LimestoneRock

Likes # 0

Thanks for your responses. I have found a fix at www.snipca.com/6168

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I'm wondering why you want to - I find IE9 better than the previous versions.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......