We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

E-mail settings

Mack1

Likes # 0

I run Win 7 Home with IE 9.I am trying to install a program called Mailwasher 2012 and need to know my e-mail settings POP3 Server address,User name,password incoming and outgoing.I have e-mailed my ISP but they are rather slow replying.I think I should be able to find this information somewhere on my computer can anyone explain how to retrieve it please?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

What program do you use for your email?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

And what is the last bit of your e-mail address (just the bit after @, Don't give your whole e-mail address!)

Like this post
Mack1

Likes # 0

Chronus - I am using Windows Live Mail

Taff - supernet.com

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You will need your Windows Live user name and password and the POP address is pop3.live.com.

I also got this from the Mailwasher website,

In MailWasher Pro:

Click Settings Tab > Accounts > Add Email Account.

Enter a name reference for your account in the Account Description and enter your Hotmail/Windows Live Mail Email address in to the Email Address field. Click Save.

The Hotmail/Windows Live Mail settings will be entered automatically.

Enter your Hotmail/Windows Live Mail password in the Password field.

Click Save.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Have a look in Windows Livemail and under tools accounts you will see your current set up. Open that accounts properties and use the same incoming server. I think you are using supanet.con and not as you spelt it but copy whatever is there. The username is your full e-mail address. You will need to know your own password.

As for the outgoing server I suggest you don't need it. In Mailwasher don't set up the program to bounce spam at all. Tantamount to telling the spammers they've got a current live e-mail for more spam.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Sorry - supanet.com !!! In which case the mail server is mail.supanet.com I seem to remember.

Chronus - don't follow you at all on this. How would a supanet account work through a windows mail server?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......