We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

XP Backup System has anybody any Experiance?

johnoo

Likes # 0

Has anybody had any experiance of using this software that is installed in XP Pro?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I haven't personally used this but this article goes through it step by step with a useful video.

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

Thanks, but I think there is a problem, I can't get the video to play

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Seems to have disappeared - this is another video on the same subject from YouTube.

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

difarn, Thanks, I've found that tutorial, but having tried using the XP Backup system it does not work as shown in it. If you want to do a "Full Backup" "All information on this Computer" using the Wizard you get a message to say file can't be made. I have found that if you go into the Advanced mode you can create a "Full Backup" That is what I wanted to discuss/seek advise about

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Ok - you want to do a complete system back up and possibly create a system recovery disk. I haven't done this in XP but have with Windows 7 using an external hard drive for storage. This article about the advanced mode back up may be of use to you.

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

Thanks, have found out that you have to use Advanced mode to do full backup as XP Home does not support this software

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

If unsure about the Windows back-up, I've used Paragon with good results free from here

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If yo want to keep it safe Get Acronis True Image or some other similar software

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

The XP backup sysstem does not do a full backup as in 'Restore from a disk' but only backs your data files (files you have created.)

I suggest a program like Paragon Free

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;ylt=AvgFmjbogTyrpOL1.In8ovM4hJp4;ylc=X1MDMjAyMzM5MjMxMgRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC10LTcwMgRmcjIDc2EtZ3AEZ3ByaWQDBG5fZ3BzAzYEb3JpZ2luA3VrLnlhaG9vLmNvbQRwb3MDMQRwcXN0cgMEcXVlcnkDcGFyYWdvbiBmcmVlIGJhY2t1cCBzb2Z0d2FyZQRzYWMDMQRzYW8DMQ--?p=paragon%20free%20backup%20software&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-702-s

or EASEUS disk copy

http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/

There are plenty of other backup programs , just do a search for Backup free.

Terry

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

link to paragon not working try this.

www.paragon-software.com/home/db-?express

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite