We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Open Office Writer Format Confusing a document

Daiol

Likes # 0

I have this document sent to me via email and at the begining of every text line there is a grey shadow.Is there a simple way of deleting these shadows please. Image of shadows here. ....... [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Okcgm.jpg[/IMG]

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I haven't got a copy of OpenOffice on any of my machines at the moment having moved on to the offshoot LibreOffice which is developing much faster. Here's some questions;

Do these grey marks print? Are they evident on other documents you open at the same time? If so I'm thinking aloud the lines that the document has the option to show non printing paragraph marks and formatting. On the toolbars look for the Backward "P" symbol likened by some to a musical clef. That toggles these on/off.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Yes when printed they do show.The grey marks on;y show on certain documents that I get,Maybe the person sending them has a format setup.Don't know what office software he's using,It is a bit of a pain in the bum really deleting all those grey lines. Thanks for reply.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Yes when printed they do show.The grey marks on;y show on certain documents that I get,Maybe the person sending them has a format setup.Don't know what office software he's using,It is a bit of a pain in the bum really deleting all those grey lines. Thanks for reply.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

What is the format they are sending these documents in?

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Office Text Doc.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Do you mean Rich Text Format (.RTF) or Word Document (.doc)

Which version of OpenOffice are you working with. I'll load it onto a spare machine and try to fathom it out.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

''Do you mean Rich Text'' Yes that's what it is,I notice your name Taff are you a welshman?,I am. Thanks.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Yes I am Welsh. But let's not go there for a moment.

Give me the OpenOffice version you are working with. And then I will load it up on a spare machine and sort it for you.

Like this post
Daiol

Likes # 0

Okay here we go: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Lh4GX.jpg[/IMG]

Many thanks for your help.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Just downloading it now. Whilst I'm doing it could I suggest you download LibreOffice from Libre Office download

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015