We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is causing task bar icons to shift & duplicate?

belle24

Likes # 0

The task bar on my laptop, acer aspire, runs along the bottom of the screen. Along with other icons, the icon for the pointing device, time and date are permanently shown to the left of the taskbar. Recently I have noticed that intermittently the time, date and pointing device icon with half of it coloured in blue (no blue shown on the permanent righthand side icon)also appear duplicated to the lefthand side of the taskbar. When this happens on the left side I can only describe it as ghost like icons still visible but behind the permanent icons on the left which are calculator, documents, wordpad, etc. Does anyone know what causes this? The laptop is still under warranty, having already had the motherboard and keyboard replaced after 3 months.

Like this post
belle24

Likes # 0

Oops, cannot find an edit button. original post should read "Along with other icons, the icon for the pointing device, time and date are permanently shown to the RIGHT of the taskbar.

(not left as previously said)

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

No edit button on this Forum, if you are new to the Forum, then Welcome!

Download and run Ccleaner, this might fix a possible glitch in the registry.

Failing that, as it is a new laptop I would advise contacting the Vender again for them to sort.

Like this post
belle24

Likes # 0

Thanks Nontek, I will try Ccleaner and see if it solves the problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback