We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can anyone decypher the following, then tell me what I'm supposed to do?

Graphicool1
Resolved

Likes # 0

Windows 7

Hi Guys

I've installed a Wacom Tablet for use with either fingers or pen. Each time I turn on the PC I get the following message popping up on the desktop. If I click the 'X' top right corner it will go and I don't see it again until next time I start the PC. It's 'gobble de gook' to me, am I supposed to do something or what?

The Tablet works fine.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I should have checked rdave13's link. Hmm, giving identical advice - that's happened a few times just lately, perhaps there is a distant gene in common that has decided to surface.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

Did you install the software from the CD or did you use the latest version from Wacom's website.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

onionskin

"Did you install the software from the CD"

Yes I did, then I went to the Wacom site, looked for and installed the updates.

The links provided by 'lotvic and rdave13' were from the Wacom site. As it would seem that, at least I'm not the only one getting this problem. Although that knowledge isn't much of a consolation. Still, for the time being, while I wait for Wacom to release a 'fix', I've uninstalled the 'Scribe', it doesn't affect the Bamboo Tablet and to be frank I haven't actually missed it.

Cheers anyway Guys G1

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes