We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I access Philips Freevent X65 memory?

DSY2

Likes # 0

I want to increase the RAM memory on my X65. I've had advice that to get to it either I have to take out the battery (straight forward) then remove the 4+ screws to take off the base (there are more than 4 screws and some look as if they are holding components), or to take out the keyboard (but no advice how). Both seem rather extreme so can someone who has actually done it give me some detailed directions please.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Does this help? here

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I doubt it.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Not least because I'd guess that DSY2 and David Yates are one and the same... :-)

Like this post
DSY2

Likes # 0

@onthelimit1: thank you for your response. I had already seen it on another forum but unfortunately it didn't give me either the information or the confidence that I was looking for.

@Chronus: also thanks for your response which was to the point and correct

Like this post
DSY2

Likes # 0

@Ian in Northampton: You're right. Any suggestions where I can get an answer?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Hmmm - should have read the link properly first. Must make a rule 'do not post after a liquid lunch'!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Can you take a decent photo of the screws under the battery and post it here using Photobucket. maybe we can tell you what screws to remove though I suspect there should be a smallish rectangle with a screw at each corner that might well be the memory spot.

Like this post
DSY2

Likes # 0

@Chronos Thanks for your response and I've uploaded 3 photos of my X65 on Photobucket. In addition to the photo of the underside, I've added a photo of the closed lid and one of the keyboard.

My user name on Photobucket is davidyates1 and the photos are designated 'Public'.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

[This one ]1

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Picture is far to small mate, I even copied to my account and resized it and still cannot see enough detail. What camera did you use?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features