We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

un installing WOT

March Wind

Likes # 0

I have Windows 7 on my laptop I put WOT on. This is a program that tells you if a site is safe I would like to un install it. Could you please tell me how

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Which browser are you using?

If Firefox then: Click on Tools > Add-ons > Extensions, and look for WOT and the buttons at the side of it. Either Disable it or Remove.

You can uninstall WOT for Internet Explorer from the Windows Control Panel option Programs and Features just like any other Windows program. Remember to close all Internet Explorer windows before uninstalling.

If it's any of the others, go to ClickHere and then click on the Browser you are using and mostly uninstall is the last FAQ in the list.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just go into add remove a delete it from there.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sorry lotvic you already suggested that.

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Thank you Lotvic. I went into control panel and removed. Maybe the way the PC is set but I do not know where add and remove is on this laptop. I would put a green tick in but never have known how. I do click on the tick but it doesn't turn green. Now for my next post I hope you are all up will and able to help me.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

In Windows 7 there is no Add/Remove feature - it is called Programs and Features, and you can uninstall programs from there.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

To activate the Greed tick - after clicking on the Grey tick you must then click on Post, just as you do when entering Text in the box!

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

I do clcik on the arrow but it still the same gray

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

But did you then click on Post in the button underneath the text box?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Also, which Grey tick are you clicking on? It is not the small one alongside your post, it is any Large Grey tick alongside any Answer within your Post!

After which, you click on Post (under this Text box).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes