We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

internal mic not working in windows 7 on new samsung laptop

henry1

Likes # 0

I have a new samsung laptop I7 processor running windows 7, I am out of the country and tried to phone with skype I could hear ok but not speak. Checked the settings and it appears to be asking for an external mic but there is an opening in the case with a mic symbol for an internal mic so how do I get it to work. henry1

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

In Skype have a look at Tools>Options>Audio Settings to make sure that the mic is shown, perhaps via the drop-down arrow alongside name of mic. Also try a Sound Test Call.

Like this post
henry1

Likes # 0

The problem is in the computer, if I try the sound recorder it dosnt pick up sound, if I plug in my earphones from my smasung phone they work in reverse as a mic and I can record but it looks like the built in laptop mic is not being detected

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

If you do as Nontek suggested, what do you see in the microphone drop-down menu of Skype?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

"opening in the case with a mic symbol" - that could be where you attach an external mic. Having said that most laptops have a built in mic. What model of Samsung laptop is it?

Like this post
henry1

Likes # 0

In the skype drop down menue for microphone it is showing realtek audio but doing the echo test with skype I hear the skype message but not the record of my voice. The small opening in the case is a pinhole on the left side of the trackpad with a mic symbol eched in the case. The samsung is a chronos I7 15.4" screen I think it's quite a new model and expensive. I have just made a call on skype using my samsung phone earphones in the jack plug down on the side of the laptop listening in one and using the other earphone as a mic so skype is working but not the built in mic

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hmm, I have just read a review on the laptop, it would appear that you will need an external mic in order to make proper use of Skype etc. From what I can see there is no internal mic!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Do you not have a User Manual on disc, should have come with the laptop! User Manual will tell you all you need to know.

First thing I did when I bought new laptop was to print the User Manual, so I know all about my laptop, from Novatech!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hmm, just read another Review, apparently there is an in-built mic, so I would expect there to be a F key switch to activate the mic - you will need to consult your User Manual as the F key required does not show up on the reviews I have read.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days