We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I get Network Drivers

Sybil1
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi I have a PC running windows 7 with a 2tb hard drive (32bit) and 8gig of ram. With a ASUS P8P67 LE B3 motherboard I have 64bit drivers but not 32 are they the same? if not where do I get the 32bit. Thanks Regor

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

It is from the Lan section. Lan.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 1

I was hoping my second link would take you directly to the LAN section but it only goes as far as the download. So choose Windows 7 32BIT then LAN and download what you find there.

Like this post  
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Sybil: we never did bottom out why you want 32-bit drivers? It seems strange that you have a machine with 8GB of memory, but you're running a 32-bit operating system - which can only use 3.5GB of memory.

Like this post
Sybil1

Likes # 0

Chronus you are a Star many thanks for your time. Hope I can help you some time.

Best Regards Regor

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Your welcome.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Did you install 64 bit or 32bit? There is little point in having 8 Gig RAM with 32bit as it cannot see more than, I think, 3.5 gig.With W7 and a basic 64bit installation, both 64 and 32 bit programmes mostly run fine - the programmes that install in 32 bit show in C\ Programme Files(x86)and 64 but are in C\Programme files.Are you sure you have not got a (In my view preferred) 64 bit installation? To check, go to Start, Control Panel, System - it will show what you have.64 bit will "see" the RAM you have.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi Sybil1

To answer your question in somple terms, re-64 and/or 32 bit. You don't/won't have both, it's an either or situation.

I have a similar setup as yourself, 'john bunyan' says...

go to Start - Control Panel - System - and you will see what your setup is.

Mine is 'Windows 7 32 bit with 4 Gb RAM (2 GB usable)'

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Your motherboard disk will have the required drivers, if not you will get them here Asus P8P67. Just need to input your operating system 32/64BIT.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Or, in Win7 right-click on Computer, then click on Properties which will also detail your particular setup.

Like this post
Sybil1

Likes # 0

Hi Chronus I may be abit thick which section do I download please for 32bit? Regor

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......