We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Abdroid Ice Cream Sand wixh user guide - improve down load buffering

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Several question in one post

Android 4- Ice Cream Sandwich

Benn searching for a simple user guide for the above but all links so far seem to be be linked to a specific device, so does this mean it is different for each device - rather than an operating system for all devices?

My main reason for a search is to try to improve Buffering in down loads.

I appreciate - I think that bufferiung is as much to do with the connectivity between device and router and router and server rather than seeking to twitch the device/operating system.

For example the device is a ZT Tablet - 1gig Ram 8 gig internal and 32 gig on the card[external]storage I thought can I try to improve virtual memory on the device- would that improve the buffering on live Video downloads [U Tube for example]

Device ZT Tablet -2gig RAM 40 Gig total storage[8 interna; 32 on card]

BT Infinity 40Mb [35 typical] Andriod 4[Ice Cream Sandwich]

All thoughts appreciated

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Lots of typos on the above - should have had breakfast before setting to on this quest

Device ZT Tablet 1gig Ram 40 Gig total storage[8 internal 32 on card]

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Manufacturers tend to customise some parts of the OS. But I doubt that you can do much to improve the buffering.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer