We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Looking for a program to choose browser

Muergo

Likes # 0

Does anyone know of a program or addon etc where one can choose a browser when clicking on a link instead of having to go back and change the default browser setting from Options.

I use three browsers, each has its own merits and I would like to be able to say, left click a link directing it to a specific one.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you're using Windows then let IE to be your default browser always. To do with links but that is another subject. Whatever new browsers you download then refuse them to be the default browser and tick the box to remember this.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is this left click from emails? If so it will always open your default browser.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I think I have been misunderstood or I didn't explain what I wanted very clearly. Alternatively, what I want does not exist.

I have IE as my default browser but if I want a particulat item to open up in Firefox or Chrome, there is no way , at the moment , to do this other than to change the default browser.

What I want is for an "ask me every time" option so I could choose which browser to which to send this item, whether this is a right click, centre click or whatever.

Also I used to have a little addon/feature that would let me move a tab from one browser to another but can't find that now.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've found this but I haven't used it so can't recommend or otherwise.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Thank you rDave, your link gave a little program to do exactly what I needed and linked to two other programs doing similar "Browser tray switch" and "Choosy".

I put these up in case others might be interested.

In IE9 the "smartscreen" threw up a warning about Browserchooser causing trouble with my computer and refusing to download, but switching to Firefox there is no such warning.

Anyway I shall look at all three.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September