We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Talk Talk emails slow again

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Anyone else on Talk Talk experiencing slow emails? Mine are taking upwards of two hours to get through and this is often a prelude to a wipeout!

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

What exactly is GOTD guys?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic , you are redeemed :), again with apologies to thumbscrew.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

lotvic,if as you say you collect the gmail etc through OE and, my OE is down...won't that stop the gmails coming through?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

thumbscrew Why do you use Outlook Express?

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

I've always used it rdave...familiarity etc..tell me about gmail and if possible why, as I asked above won't it go down if there's an OE outtage.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

How are you collecting your email from TalkTalk?

Outlook Express is the email program on my pc, if you are using XP it is part of it. I just never bothered changing to a different program like Thunderbird or Windows Mail, or Outlook (part of MS Office) etc.

If you are using W7 then it will be a different email program as you don't get and can't have OE with that. (Outlook Express is a bit outdated and old now)

The above programs are different to Webmail that you go to via your Browser. I can also use Webmail with all my email addresses.

This explains a bit about differences ClickHere

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Microsoft gives alternatives to the old OE. Even on XP. Gmail is web based but will incorporate your useless TTmail if you wish. OE is superseded by Windows Live Mail even if you're still are on XP.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You can't get an OE outtage. I think you mean that TalkTalk Webmail Server is down and when you click on 'Receive All' it is the TalkTalk Webmail Server that doesn't answer OE's request for your emails.

If you have other email accounts like gmail or gmx then OE is asking gmail's and gmx's Webmail Servers for your email (not TalkTalk's Webmail Server)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

OE isn't down, the connection with TalkTalk may be. This shouldn't affect downloading gmail or any other e-mail address.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...