We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ethernet + Printers

Furkin

Likes # 0

Hi guys,

A few basic questions here -all leading to the same thing- please feel free to answer any or all of them.

Ethernet:

1) My M.B only has one Ethernet connection – is Ethernet treated the same as USB,,, get a hub & connect several items to it ?

Printer:

2) I am looking to replace my Magicolor 2530DL Laser printer. Are Ethernet printers faster than USB ?

3) Are there any/many USB-3 printers out yet ?

4) What’s the best colour L.Printer out, either now, or imminent, at a top cost of £150/60ish ? Purely for Home use & not network.

cheers

Like this post
Furkin

Likes # 0

Why did I get a PCA error message saying;

"WE think this is spam" ?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

You are probably a 'victim' of PCAs new security policies, trying to prevent spammers because there have been a few spam attacks recently.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Ethernet is for network connections and is not the same as USB. A hub for ethernet could be your router. Printers with ethernet ports connect to your router and are networked and can be shared with any pc on the network. They do not connect directly to your PC. Most of these have a USB port too and may have wireless capabilities. Ethernet v USB isn't really relevant.

Like this post
Furkin

Likes # 0

Crikey,,,,, I've been here long enough for them to recognise me.

I've also just noted that several regulars seem to be having problems posting links, & even posting replies.

Isn't it time for an update ?

Like this post
Furkin

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell, I wondered why my HomeHub3 had so many ethernet connections.

My main machine is a desktop. I also have a laptop that is rarely used (it was a boon when my DT let me down). I've just got an ethernet cable for it, so I can connect direct to HH3, rather than wirelessly, hoping to make it quicker when on the 'net.

I might look into a home network at some point, just to link these items together,,,,, when I feel clever enough to understand it !?

thanks again.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

To connect your laptop to HomeHub3 from anywhere in the house, get a Set of HomePlugs ... very very easy, no settings to be input, simply plug and play!

Click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen