We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I print a list of folders on my pc?

sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Please can someone remind me of the name of the free program which can be used to prints a list of folder on a disk or computer?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Is it Karen's Directory Printer?, Link

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Just the job, Dave. many thanks.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

I have remembered the one I wanted. Tree Size Free at http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/. It is an excellent program which helps to analyse the disk space also as pie charts etc. Karen's gives almost too much info.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Here's another one with an abundant information about your system and if you don't know what you are doing you could simply knacker your system. :-)

windirstat

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

When all you want is a list, some of those programs go too far and get complicated so I wrote myself a couple of .vbs and .bat files for various options to make a list of folders and files that are then saved to a txt file. (I got the info on howto via google searches)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback