We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC UPGRADE, WHAT COMPONENTS DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GET

sut1576

Likes # 0

HI GUYS

i am looking to build a new pc for myself something thats fast and great for gaming and would like to know what parts i should get, i have a budget of around £800. i am looking to buy

(1) harddrive size isnt really and issue just big enough to run windows and afew games from.

(2) ram

(3) motherbaord

(4) cpu

(5) gfx card

i am currently running a radeon hd 5870 1gb do you think it would be more cost effective to buy a second 1 of these and run them as SLI or to just buy a new card as not sure what would be more powerful.

i am not interested in overclocking so am looking for fast and powerfull straight out the box,

thank for any help

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Not that much in it to be honest. Compare.

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

i want this system to last me a few years so really dont want to have to replace parts in 18 months,

Some alternatives:

1.Hard drive click here £62.99 Free delivery with supersaver

2.Ram click here £40.96 Free delivery (8 GB should be sufficient for your need atm, can add more later)

3.Motherboard click here £152.34 Free delivery (this is an ATX board with appropriate size to fit in your full tower & twin pci-e 3.0 x16 as well as other expansion slots for future upgrade should you wish)

4.Gfx card click here £299.60+£10.19 delivery

5.CPU click here £159.99 Free Delivery ( you'll need IvyBridge CPU to fully utilise the Gtx 670's pci-e 3.0)

Total comes to £726.07 & should keep you happy without the components becoming obsolete in 6-12 months or so.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014