We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA-- Have you got gremlins active today?

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

There seems to be an IT news/information sound broadcast breaking into the forum, and into my headphones?.

It appears to be in parts about El Gaso, Panasonic, Intel, Rainbow, Apple, Google. Microsoft, HP, Oracle etc. A female (Bekka) plus a male called Matt appears to be giving the broadcast possibly called Techniques. Other people are involved. Eric Symonds is another name mentioned?.

Are you or other member's aware or having this problem?.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No problems here on Firefox with No script add on

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

No probs here

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I noticed it about 12.20pm. When it starts, it seems to repeat itself, and the only way to stop, is to close or click off from the site, then return.

Using Google Chrome with XP Home.

A correction in the intro: It was El Gato, something to do with gaming, and not El Gaso?.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Hi Spuds. It's a video that autoplays in the top righthand corner of your screen. I'm in the process of trying to get it changed from the noisy news vids to our more cerebral product reviews. To stop it, just click stop on the video player (or turn off your audio).

I'm assuming you've seen this in other parts of the site, as it really shouldn't be seen on the forum?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Hi Matt, thanks for response.

I did notice it previously, and I might have mentioned it then, when the question was being raised. Forgot about it this time though.

What I couldn't understand about it this time, was when I transferred to say eBay (on Firefox) the voice over remained on my computer, until I closed the PCA website down. It hasn't done that before?.

I did the usual security checks etc, but the results came back to PCA.

Will now tick this as resolved.

Like this post  
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Possible the PCA tab remained open?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Matt Egan

I'm assuming you've seen this in other parts of the site, as it really shouldn't be seen on the forum?

I did find this happening a couple of weeks ago on the Helproom forum, but stopped it playing by clicking Stop. Since then it hasn't reappeared here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback