We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to creaet folders for my apps in Samasung galaxy tab 7.0 plus

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to you all. I'm hoping this post i'm sending will be sent and NOT shwo up as spam, lol. (still got a problem from a previous post and ive emailed the forum editor)

Okay i have a samsung galaxy tablet 7.0 plus. Unlike other tablets and my samsug fone i'm trying to create folders and just name the folders and put a few games and apps in each folder, but with the galaxy tabe 7.0, u CANNOT just press down on a blank part of the screen and create a folder as it does NOT let you do this. So is there any apps that I can use to do this please?

I'm not after anything fancy, all i wanna do is create a folder, name it and drag items into it. i've looked at a few, but they seem a bit complicated, or maybe its just me not understanding the concept.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This YouTube vid any help?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

julius44

Not having a 'Samasung galaxy tab 7.0 plus' myself, I had to do an Internet search and from what I found, it would seem that you have to link the 'Galaxy' to a PC first and then tranfer what you need.

In the information below it talks about 'Files' however, I can't see why it shouldn't also apply to folders. If it were me I would try setting up a folder on my PC or MAC, name it, fill it with the apps I required, then tranfer it to the Galaxy...

On a Windows computer

Connect the included USB cable to the tablet, then to a computer.

When a Removable Disk window appears on the computer, double-click Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.

Double-click Tablet.

On the computer, locate the file(s) you want to move.

Drag and drop the file(s) into the desired location on the tablet.

When you are finished, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the system tray of your computer.

On a Macintosh computer[AG8]

Connect the included USB cord to the tablet, then to your computer.

If a “Samsung Modem” pop-up appears on your computer, click Cancel.

In the Applications folder, double-click Kies and wait for it to connect with the tablet.

Under Library, click Music to access the music files on your computer.

Select the check box of each file you want to copy to your tablet.

Click Transfer to device.

When done, click on the Kies drop-down menu and click Exit.

Safely disconnect the tablet from the computer.

Fo the source of this information...Click Here

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

julius44

Having checked out the video link provided by lotvic I would say go with that. It would seem more straight forward and easy to follow.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't see how you can put apps in a folder. Apps are installed.

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

yes you Can put apps into a folder and name the folder no problem and i can do this on my samsung galazy s2. All you need to do is press down on a blank screen, and it will give u the option to create a folder, then u can give the folder a name e.g games, and u can put up to 9 game apps in the folder. This is all i'm looking for nothing else. the galaxy tab 7.0 plus does NOT have the option for this

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I suppose it must depend on which Android version it has. Which one is on your galaxy tab 7.0 plus?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What you appear to being to be doing on your Galaxy is adding the icon (shortcut) for an app into a folder on one of the home screens. This is normally the way to tidy up a screen which would otherwise have too many icons.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded