We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IP address for printer

Sapins
Resolved

Likes # 0

Where do I find the IP address for my epson RX620 printer.

I have windows 7 on a desktop connected through a Netgear DG834G v2 router, with the printer connected by USB, it works wirelessly, with my laptop and and now I want use it wirelessly with my iMac which asks for the IP address of the printer, I have looked everywhere but I cannot find it. While I still have most of my hair and my sanity can anyone tell me exactly how to find this IP address please.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Nothing under Network Map?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Did you right click on the printer and check its properties?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm sorry but I've only just read your originally post properly. I think that printer isn't connected to your router but is connected by USB to the desktop. If this is the case then it will not have its own IP address instead with the iMAC you will need to browse through to the desktop and locate the printer.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Nothing under network map and I did check the printer properties

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Please confirm that your printer is connected by USB to your desktop and that you have to have the desktop on to print.

Like this post
Rayuk

Likes # 0

Have you checked on your laptop when printer is on

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

The printer is connected by USB to the desktop and I believe I have to have the desktop on to print.

Not wth you Raynuk.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Ah, so the laptop connects via home network to print not directly to the printer. Found this,

"The printer does not come with built-in wireless features and does not support a wireless (or Ethernet) connection to a network router. Only a direct wired connection to the computer is supported."

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You will need the Mac to connect to your home network but I don't know anything about Macs sorry.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The printer will not have its own IP address. For a Windows set up then I would browse for a printer on the network and find the printer attached to the desktop (going to the desktop first). But the last time I used an Apple laptop was 30 years ago! So not sure how to do it now from an iMac.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK