We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IP address for printer

Sapins
Resolved

Likes # 0

Where do I find the IP address for my epson RX620 printer.

I have windows 7 on a desktop connected through a Netgear DG834G v2 router, with the printer connected by USB, it works wirelessly, with my laptop and and now I want use it wirelessly with my iMac which asks for the IP address of the printer, I have looked everywhere but I cannot find it. While I still have most of my hair and my sanity can anyone tell me exactly how to find this IP address please.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Sorry for using the Google thing, but someone did it to me and I really think it is a bit of fun.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Already tried Google and Netgear help and iMac help and Epson help!!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Run Belarc on your laptop see if it shows the printer and IP address.

Like this post
Rayuk

Likes # 0

Have you tried with the laptop on and check in router for attached devices which should show printer address.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It will be listed in your router's configuration pages. Unfortunately I am not familiar with Netgear routers.

Alternatively in W7 Open Network and you should see the printer listed, right click on and select and properties and at the bottom of the windows will be the IP address.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Since this question was posted I have wondered about my Epsons IP address and thanks to you I now Know. Though I might add that it is necessary to click on See full map then hover mouse cursor over the printer.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You can have a problem with dynamic allocation of IP addresses by the router and when the next time the PC and printer are switched on it looks for the old IP address which is now incorrect. I do not have this problem with my Epson wireless printer but I have allocated a static IP address to my Lexmark laser.

Chronus - I was using Network - not Network and Sharing Centre.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Belarc taking a long time to load! Stuck on 96%! will to load again.

Laptop on and router only shows desktop and laptop.

Network shows printer but properties does not show printer.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Belarc now lists printer but no IP address.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback