We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Strange (Error?) Message Following Backup

Sizzers

Likes # 0

When I backup my PC on Windows 7 I get the following message: “Your computer has been restored to an earlier point in time. As a result your backup settings might be out of date”

I’ve not found anything particularly helpful through google, except to run sfc /scannow which comes back with: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations”. Any ideas what the problem is anyone?

Many thanks,

Malc.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

This isn't an error message, it's just informing you that because you've done a restore or backup to be aware that you might have to also reinstal drivers etc that might not now be there.

Like this post
Sizzers

Likes # 0

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

So as long as everything is working okay - which it is - there's nothing to worry about then? Thanks.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Basically, what it means is that if you have reset your computer to a time in April, then the backup you made in May is wrong.

Make another backup.

Like this post
Sizzers

Likes # 0

But I've not reset the date on the PC.

I don't have scheduled backups on my PC as I don't usually have an awful lot to save to be honest, so maybe every 3-4 weeks I will do a manual backup. Over the last week or so, though, I've started to rip a few albums and backed up afterwards and this is when I've first noticed this. Thanks.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Sizzers

This isn't a big deal, but it's being blown up out of all proportion...

"But I've not reset the date on the PC."

It has nothing (directly) to do with the PC's time and/or date.

The reason I didn't come back to you the second time is because in my mind the non-problem had been sorted! Apparently 'ams4127' felt that further explanation was called for and you have misunderstood his follow up explanation.

When I back up my Windows 7, I also get this message,...“Your computer has been restored to an earlier point in time. As a result your backup settings might be out of date"...It isn't an anomally peculiar to your PC, it's the norm.

As I said before..."it's just informing you, that because you've done a restore or backup, to be aware that you might have to also reinstal drivers etc that might not now be there."

You said it yourself..."So, as long as everything is working okay - which it is - there's nothing to worry about then"...correct.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote