We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sorting folders in windows

Bike-it

Likes # 0

Can i set my folders in my documents library so it displays the folders that have been created recently without having to click on folder date modified.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Open Documents. Right click almost anywhere.

Select Sort by/More..

Enable Date Created for the extra Details column.

Is that what you are getting at?

Like this post
Bike-it

Likes # 0

If i am on photobucket and want to upload photos from my documents library bluetooth folder it opens up all my photos there, but for me to get the most recent photos i have to click on folder date modified, but can i not set this so i dont have to click folder etc

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Ah,I see what you mean...the browse Window always sorts by Name instead of Date, even if a direct Windows Explorer window remembers to Sort by Date.

Sorry, I don't know a solution.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Do you mean in W7 Libraries? Libraries is not an actual folder it is more like an index. I don't profess to know a lot about W7 Libraries but I would think you would have to go to the actual Folder and have that set to sort by date modified instead of a-z or whatever it is at mo', so that when you click on folder in W7 Libraries it shows up that way.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Always create your own folders for music, documents and photos/videos. That way Windows can't confuse you. Create a destination folder and when you upload photos from your camera or download docs or music, use your own created folders with your own specific name. You'll be allowed specific folders to download to if you select browse instead of the default.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

View an animated vision of a better future for Ethiopian girls

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...