We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Never this problem before!!! We think this is spam message

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning toy you, all ive ben trying to post a problem , and I keep getting the message that "we think this is spam"!!!! I've been a pc advisor forum user for 6 years, and ive posted hundreds of posts etc, this same problem happened once last week, but now its happned again today!!! i'm very upset with this I dont post spam. Can anyone adavice me what to do please

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I had the "We think this is Spam" message when I tried to post re Bomber Command today. I did import the words by copying and pasting from a Word document but there was no link. Also It insisted on a 5 word entry again. It worked second time around!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Eset treats SIW as a Trojan.It did when I ran Eset last night.

Tried to post 5 times this morning on kimtrnc's post about MSE.Gave up in the end then just posted a different answer.

C:\Users\arry\Downloads\siw-setup.exe » INNO » {tmp}\OCSetupHlp.dll - Win32/OpenCandy potentially unsafe application.

Possibly something that was downloaded along with SIW.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

What I don't understand is why, when there is a concentrated spam attack like the one recently, pca don't just stop any new members registering until it's sorted out.

It seems to me to be the most effective way of stopping a spam attack in it's tracks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...