We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Never this problem before!!! We think this is spam message

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning toy you, all ive ben trying to post a problem , and I keep getting the message that "we think this is spam"!!!! I've been a pc advisor forum user for 6 years, and ive posted hundreds of posts etc, this same problem happened once last week, but now its happned again today!!! i'm very upset with this I dont post spam. Can anyone adavice me what to do please

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes a problem with PCA they were getting bombarded with spammers not yourself of course and it has interfered with some of the posts.

Not sure if there is a lot they can do to sort the problem but I would imagine that they know about it.

Maybe contact the FE and see if he can help.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Please do not be concerned, recently PCAdvisor was bombarded with spam so the tightened up their procedures and now certain links, certain totally innocent links you might add to your post, I might add, are now considered spam.

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Thanks chonus and Buteman, but how are we meant to post things then. Pls how do i cintact the forum editor please?? I've got an important post that i need to post on the forum ASAP!!!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Can you explain what it is you are trying to post but is being considered spam?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just click on Contact Forum editor at the top of your post.

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Hey chonus, it was a problem with streaming windows media player and my ps3( a bit complicated, so i explained all this in a very long post, and I included a link from Amazon uk, for a tp link adaptor, then it said this is spam, so i then completely removed the Amazon link, and STILL it says its spam!!! What am i them meant to do?? I'll be contacing the forum editor now. HOW am i then meant to post if we cannot all just getting simple advice?? DO they think we all are spammers??!!!

Sorry for rant im just pissed off about this..only good thing is that I copied and pasted my scenario onto word, so at least tis saved for now!!!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Its already been explained, there is very little you can do about it, until PCA sort the problem out.

A number of people have already posted this problem, which seems to have started when 'more aggressive' spam filters were introduced very recently.

The only thing that you can consider at the moment, is try to publish your posting without giving actual links ( which may or may not appear to indicate a spam message)?.

Crazy I know, but at least its a possible short term solution?.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I find no problem supplying a link if I enter my own text in the "enter text description" field.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

rdave13

It is not all/every link PCAdvisor is quite selective as I have found.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Testing posting link to Amazon uk TP-Link PA211 AV500 Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack (these are the ones that I use) I find that they will work on an ext lead but have to plug it in nearest to the ext lead power cord or signal drops. 1st Adaptor to router is plugged in on Ring Main and 2nd one is plugged into ext cord on a separate radial from Mains Fuse Box.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers