We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anquet Map Will not run (all versions)

Pendari

Likes # 0

No expectations of a result as The Aquet Map people after a many attempts have abandoned the cause. Version 6 and the later Outdoor Map Navigator 7fail to open or in the case of OMN load. Running W7 home on an HP desktop with Norton 360 installed. Under advice tried admin rights settings total delete and reinstalls etc. Any help appreciated.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

What's wrong with Google Earth? I have never used/heard of Anquet Maps, until now, but believe Google Earth is probably better.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Google Earth is an aerial photo viewer, Anquet, MemoryMap and a few others are digital full detail OS mapping as printed on the paper OS maps.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

GE is also a good Map. Anquet looks fine, if it works, which is not the case here.

MemoryMap is probably OK, apart from the music! I don't like Sites that open with background music.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I can't see the army ditching proper topographic detail for somebodies snapshot detail for campaigning anytime soon!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Agreed, I used to be considered an expert Map Reader while in the Army, probably because I was also a Car Rally enthusiast, having double-figure wins under my belt! Long time age!

Anyway, I was only suggesting an alternative for Pendari who is having Anquet problems.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Assume that you have tried right click run as administrator?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback