We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Foxit Amazon 'corrupt not PDF' problem

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

On the computer I have Adode and Foxit installed, and both seen to work well as alternatives. Amazon website is used daily, and I have just started to have a problem when pages or descriptions are opened on the site.

A Foxit error message box appears and informs that the page is corrupt and not pdf. Click on the OK in the box, and the error box goes away, then returns again, with the same message. Click OK and the box goes away again, and the page opened can be used freely. Another page, same exercise.

Question, does anyone use Foxit with Amazon, and are having the same problem?.

Abode appears to have no problems with Amazon pages.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Sounds as if in your browser you have wrongly associated some type of page to open with Foxit

In Firefox it is in Tools > Options > Applications. (click on the one you want and then a dropdown arrow appears which has menu for actions to take)

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

lotvic, thanks for the suggestion.

Just had a look in Firefox, and Abode is ticked as the default, so in theory I assume, Foxit shouldn't have anything to do with the Amazon pages.

Or have I got this wrong?.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'm puzzled why either should have anything to do with Amazon pages.

Can you post a link to an Amazon page and say where you click on it that causes Foxit to open and give you an error message?

I have Foxit so will see what happens when I do it.

Like this post
jellyhead

Likes # 0

I am having the same error message box come up on this web site when I open some pages.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Apparently it is a bug if you use Firefox 13, and can be fixed by updating Foxit

quote from foxit forum: Please update your Foxit Reader to version 5.3.1.0606 and it should fix this problem

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I tried to post a link to the foxit forum but pca wouldn't let me. So just google for: Foxit error message Firefox 13 -and it should be the top answer.

Like this post
jellyhead

Likes # 0

That appears to have fixed the problem, thanks Lotvic.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Thanks again lotvic for your help, just downloaded the 5.1.1.0606 upgrade and it seems to have resolved the problem.

Like this post  
lotvic

Likes # 0

Glad it's sorted, and for me too when I move to Firefox 13 on this pc :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination