We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Thinking about the best carrier to follow!

thomas100

Likes # 0

While in school you ponder about the carrier that you think fetch money, and after school, the question that most of us always ask is ;what next? Is there any perfect route that one has to follow to achieve a better carrier?

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I assume you mean career not carrier.

First and most important is to find something that you like to do.There is nothing worse than doing a job you hate.

Next- how much of your life are you prepared to spend on this career

Most of it, as much as you need to and no more, as little as possible.

What is available in your area ?

Are you prepared to start your own business and put in the time to learn it (including going to college if necessary). remember this will mean for a short time (at least) you will have very little time for pleasureable activities.

Terry

Like this post
speedman

Likes # 0

Yeah i guess he meant career as well. Well it's really hard to find your ideal job nowadays and so my advice is that you test the water and see which is fair.

Like this post
markalex7400

Likes # 0

Getting a good career is all about believing and trusting in what you think is good and can end you some kind of satisfaction.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Spelling correctly would be a help in one's career !!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Is there any perfect route that one has to follow to achieve a better carrier?"

My first piece of advice is to look at this from another angle. What, to you is a better career? Some people want a job that brings in the most money, regardless of whether they like the work. Others put job-satisfaction before pay when it comes to choosing a job.

The world is full of people who hate their jobs. They work because they have to live and pay bills, but that's it. Others lead fulfilled working lives, and as a consequence they tend to be happier people in general.

Don't pursue money to the exclusion of everything else; if you do, you are unlikely to be happy. Get a job, and see how you like it. You can always move on if you realise it's not for you.

Like this post
procrastinator86

Likes # 0

I think the best way is to try as many profession as possible. The problem with youth is that there are so many possibilities opening up to you that it's so hard to choose. But just take one direction, take on the first job that seems interesting, and if it doesn't turn out to be something you like. Drop it, and find a new direction. Being young means you can fail, and still build everything over again. So don't be afraid to take risk. Good luck, young Padawan!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September