We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hidden Photos

bloodnock

Likes # 0

Help!!

I have Several folders of Jpeg photographs stored on my hard drive and backed up to an External hard drive, these are in Files comtaining approx 40 photos each and have a Capacity of around 400Mb each.

My problem is that I can only see one Photo Normally and the rest are Hidden or can be partially seen. I know these folders are there as I have moved them to a newly renamed folder, How can I access these Ghost photos normally?

I recently suffered a Virus that damned nearly wiped clean my hard drive, though I think what it really did was hide certain Folders and files and rendered them nearly invisible...I had to trawl through my back up drive to find 90% of the stuff i lost, but I still cant Save some of these ghost Images than Im trying to copy and paste in a new folder.

Any Ideas?

Im on Windows Vista, All my Photos are JPG or JPEG...normally easile located.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Run this Direct Download (Digital Image Recovery), make a New Folder on your Desktop and select this folder as the destination for the recovered pics.

As well as recovering your pics it will also 'pick up' any little icon pics, as found in any program on your pc, so you will probably get many you don't want, these can easily be deleted afterwards.

http://www.rcc-ltd.co.uk/CampicRestor.zip

You can cancel the process at any time, pics recovered up to that point will still be in your created folder.

You can even open that folder during the process to see your pics etc appearing.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

If you suffer a similar fate in the future, I've found unhide .exe to be a useful tool. Bleeping computer guide is here As an aside, I also like to use Picasa as it shows all pics on the computer without endlessly searching through different locations on the drive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more