We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Improve picture on HDTV

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, I posted a thread regarding using my 37 inch led HDTV as a pc monitor.the response was it will work,but the picture will not as good as a pc led monitor . I can't really fault the picture so far,but have noticed hat photos don't look as good,plus text is not as defined and bold as with the pc monitor .also when I surf the web,the results lited are rather small. Keeping the resolution ,is there a way to improve things ?

Many thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I have a 32" TV And when I had a HTPC connected to it it took a while to get a reasonable screen but it was never as good as my monitor a Dell Ultrasharp U2711 but as it's use was mainly for viewing videos and slide-shows it served its purpose. I know my TV has lots of adjustments I can make so I would suggest just playing around with various settings/resolutions etc.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

As Chronus suggests: with any luck, you'll have a menu of picture pre-sets, one of which may be to enable your TV to act more like a monitor. Most modern TVs have presets for e.g. sports, movies and so on that adjust individual picture elements to better suit the content that's being shown.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Hi Thanks all for the help. I have played with the tv settings and the gfx settings,still the same . There is an option on th Samsung called pc settings,but it's not available ',probably because I'm using hdmi connection ,I think. Will have a look and see what other connections are available for pc connection. Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'