We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Send laptop screen to TV via USB?

Pineman100
Resolved

Likes # 0

A friend has just bought a new LED TV, which has a USB port. He's asked me whether it's possible for him to duplicate his laptop (Windows 7) screen on the TV.

In order to do this, I presume he has to tell his computer to send the video output to a USB port instead of to the VGA port. Can this be done?

The computer is a Dell Inspiron 1720. Its video card is an Nvidea Geforce 8400M GS.

Thanks for any advice.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Pineman100 ... The PC does not have 'USB Out', but putting the pics or whatever onto a USB Stick should solve the problem - I guess the TVs Manual would give more information about using its USB Port.

Like this post  
Nontek

Likes # 0

It is possible to get a IEEE 1394 to USB Adapter, so this would be the way to go. The PC does have IEEE 1394 Socket.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You can create a slide shoe. How to. Then copy it to a USB drive.

Like this post
Samdulo

Likes # 0

What is your knowledge on the VGA and HDMI because just the presence of a simple USB port will not be of assistance. Again, what make of TV is it. I had a similar problem of connection, but i got help here. Was worth it.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Samdulo = SPAM.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Nontek: and I'm not sure I'd want to get support from someone whose native/first language is patently not English. judging by their home page... :-) (yes, curiosity caused me to follow the link. £1.53/minute? I'm in the wrong business...)

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

OK, the USB stick sounds like the best answer for my friend.

Many thanks everyone - your help is much appreciated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers