We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Update Update 7.6.7600.256

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just ran update and a new update agent needs downloading for those on manual update.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

Looks like an update of the Updater.

Improvements made to version 7.6.7600.256 of the Windows Update Agent

• Hardened Windows Update infrastructure so that the Windows Update client will only trust files signed by a new certificate that is used solely to protect updates to the Windows Update client. • Strengthened the communication channel used by Windows Update Client to protect it in a similar way.

Just about to install it now.Thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Paragraph from this LINK rdave13 it appears it isn't being offered to everyone at once - WU Agent v7.6.7600.256 is being rolled-out over time to avoid overwhelming the update servers. Until it's offered to your computer, 7.4.7600.226 is perfectly safe assuming KB2718704 & all other updates are installed and your anti-virus application is installed & working properly.

enter link description here

Like this post  
Fredsone

Likes # 0

Does anyone know why this update downloaded and installed automatically when I have set the updater to notify and not download and/or install.

And, a slightly different question, does anyone know why net\framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe now going online

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

This look like one of those updates that will install regardless of your settings for security reasons. As for that net\framework I don't have it on my PC. Not in Microsoft update list and not showing after a search.

Like this post
Fredsone

Likes # 0

Hi rdave13

Thanks for the reply.

Have a look for mscorsvw.exe in task manager/processes, it is a common process but I think it has changed since the latest WU Agent v7.6.7600.256 update...

My Firewall wasn't, and is now alerting me to the fact mscorsvw.exe is attempting to access the net. It appears this is only occurring when I watch video content online.

Regards...

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not there either. I have only two processes starting with 'm', Messenger and McAfee site advisor.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Neither there for me.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look here for more info.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear S (Solo) curved-screen smartwatch confirmed: release date, price and specs UK

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks