We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

sending to printer but not printing

rubygxx

Likes # 0

Hi, trying to help a friend, his printer was working fine then the other day he received an email, printed it , but now when he tries to print anything it goes in the printing queue but the printer stays silent, nothing prints, i run the troubleshooter , printed a test page , which printed fine, so i cannot work out why it wont print, everything i have checked says printer is ok , working correctly, i changed the settings for the printer to print directly to the printer , and then i managed to get a page to print, thought i had fixed it, but then when we went to print again the page we were printing froze, says not responding, , no matter where i tried to print from got the same , i took the laptop home, connected it to my printer and printed perfectly, checked my settings and they are the same as his were before i changed them, so i am going to change them back, but that takes me back to the problem of the printing going in to the queue but not printing !it is an HP deskjet 1050 J410, windows 7, any suggestions much appreciated

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Have you tried re-installing the drivers, or latest driver updates?.

Like this post
rubygxx

Likes # 0

Yes thank you, that was first thing i did, the flag at the bottom of the screen was saying the printer was missing a driver , i uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers , but it still would not print, i do not understand how it would print a test page though and not anything else . the printer has the green tick saying its ready,i went online to HP site and did a scan thing which tested the printer , everything was ok according to that, still wont print !

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Unplug the mains cable and the USB cable - then re-connect the mains cable and USB cable in that order.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Follow the above instructions, but wait a minute or more before reconnecting, so as to perhaps clear memory!.

Like this post
rubygxx

Likes # 0

sorry i haven't got back about this, i have been working and have his laptop in my house, not had time to go to his yet, will do soon and let you know what happens, thanks

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Also consider restarting the Print Spooler service.

Even if it says it is already running.

(Start Run services.msc)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites