We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Win 7 desktop seizes after a short while. I can't right or left click

kerses

Likes # 0

My Windows 7 desktop, ok until today, is now ok for a short time after switching on, but then the problem starts: I can't right or left click on it and get any reaction. Any ideas please? kerses

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Do you have a System Restore point before today?

(Start Search/Run rstrui.exe )

Also try System File Checker.

Start Run sfc /scannow

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I have the same problem myself at times but so far have not found the problem.

Have a look in event viewer and see if that shows what the problem was.

You can also check device manager to see if any yellow exclamation marks beside any of the devices.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hmm, if you 'can't right or left click' then perhaps it is a simple mouse problem? Does your mouse cursor move as normal?

Or do you mean you 'can' right or left click, but get no reaction? In which case, yes it is a Computer problem.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

Like this post
kerses

Likes # 0

Many thanks for the suggestions I'll try them all and see how it goes. The mouse is brand new and working fine otherwise. kerses

Like this post
kerses

Likes # 0

Hi to all. Finally had chance to spend some more time on this and have now pinned it down. I happens every time I close Windows Explorer: doesn't matter which site I'm on. Better check on W.E. I guess. kerses

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Do you mean Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback