We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson Scanner won't scan on one User Account

Pan Man

Likes # 0

I have a strange problem and was hoping you could help. I have a Computer running Windows XP SP3 Home Edition and an Epson Stylus CX6600 All in One Printer. The problem which has arisen is that when I am on my User Account the Scanner will not work and just comes up with an error message when I attempt to scan an image. The printer is still working. The scanner was working fine one day and then the next it didn’t. I have not loaded any more software or Updates during that period. I did a system restore to a date when it was OK but this made no difference so I undid this action. I then uninstalled all the Epson Software and reinstalled it. Again no difference. I tried to use system file checker but when it asked me to insert my Windows CD it wouldn’t recognize it. I have run a virus check which was negative and also run Malwarebytes and this did not find any malware. I have since found that if I use another User Account already on the PC or set up a new one then the scanner will work. I have included a .txt log of the error message hoping you can make sense of it. .txt log

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try this - Right click on Printer - Printing Properties - Security Tab - Allow FULL permissions for Everyone

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

OR - you could try reinstalling the scan driver again - choose correct operating system from drop down list.enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If you choose All Operating Systems in the drop down list there is a TWAIN driver for XP although I can't give any guarantee that this will solve your problem. enter link description here

Like this post
Pan Man

Likes # 0

Thank you everyone but I have managed to sort it myself. I compared the files for the epson smart panel/scan in User\Doccuments and settings\application data for my user account and another one and found there was an extra smart panel file in mine. I deleted it and everything statred working again.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feedback.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...