We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 7 freezes at classpnp\sys

supawoman

Likes # 0

don't know whether to throw the lap top or kick it around the room. Have spent days trying to find out how to fix this. Laptop won't load. Because had to manually shut it down, now it just says improperly closed down choice of system repair or start normally. Tied both these and safe mode through tapping F8.

Using all the above, I get only so far.....these are each of the instance I can get to - either:

black background with windows7 icon (4 coloured squares) or blue desktop screen with flowery image - no icons or loading repair files......stops at classpnp\sys

I can get no further than any of the above. I don't appear to have a rescue disk.....although from what I have googled this wouldn't address the situation. This is a 32 bit system.

Does anyone have the faintest idea how I can get into repairing this? It is a laptop, so don't really want to have to open it as I'm just a mum - not a technician. Quite happy to have a go if someone can take me through step by step or send me a link? Desperate here guys! :o/ If I have left off any vital info, please let me know.

p.s.I have tried putting in my kaspersky rescue disk, but can't even get this to load up properly....I am not getting the menu choices I see in youtube.....just a black screen which i don't think is right.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Should have added that if you go down that route you have to go into the Bios and make CD or DVD the first boot device.

Like this post
supawoman

Likes # 0

Hi Buteman, yes, I know about the boot bit in bios - amazing what you pick up from the net when your laptop goes haywire! will look into the service pack bit. I have already formatted the hard rive once with VAIO Care Recovery that is already within the hard drive....gets to 85% then says there was an error. Re-running it again now. Prob get the same again.

Yep - no one loves me......no one is coming forward. There used to be someone from PCAdvisor called VoG that used to step in and answer some of my probs....wonder if he/she is around.

Might re post this with 'unmountable boot error' and see if that brings any more help.....what do you think? Out this morning but will have a go later.

Failing that.....might have to take it to a shop which will cost me over £100 (eye roll). could almost buy a new one for that!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I think reposting might be a good idea.If reposting close this one and put a copy of it in your new thread.

Just wondering if it could be your hard drive that is the problem.Anyhow see what the new thread brings.

Unusual for a thread to go so long without anyone else giving their opinion.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

So many different fixes when you Google for the problem I can understand why it is taking so long to find a fix.

If it will not restore to factory settings it maybe that it is the hard drive that is corrupt and you maybe need a new one.

I downloaded W/7 SP1 and ran it on my Grand daughters Laptop and it did not want to know.I had previously ran chkdsk and it kept sticking at the same point which made me and others think that it was a faulty hard drive.

So got a new hard drive and ran the W/7Sp1 dvd and it downloaded no problem.

Not saying that's your problem but it may be.

How old is the Laptop and is it still under Warranty.

If you leave the laptop on for 30 minutes or so does it still stick at the same point or will it change eventually.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......